Dr Karen Shannon and her Associates are a team of Clinical Psychologists who are committed in their aim to enhance staff skills and confidence in the development of relational approaches in the care and management of hard-to-help individuals with ‘complex’ presentations and / or offending behaviour facilitating collaboration and cooperation of multi agencies.
Dr Karen Shannon Associates (DKSA) provides bespoke Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) in UK and Ireland via in-house skills training / workshops for the NHS and private providers.
Dr Shannon is a co-founder and co-director of an ACAT accredited Forensic CAT Skills Course which has been successfully running since 2009.
Other current training can be viewed here
Other areas of training that DKSA can provide are:
- Introduction to Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Relational formulation
- 1 day CPD day using Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) to work with complex presentations and risk assessment/management.
Non-Offending Partners of Offenders
CAT and Violent Behaviour
CAT Understanding of Bipolar Disorder Read more
- Relational Risk Assessment
- Working with Complex Clients in In-Patient and Community Settings
- Working with Women Offenders
The training provided by DKSA is not limited to those listed and can be tailored to the requirements of the individual or organization, so please contact us to discuss your training requirements. Contact